Back by popular demand, we are delighted to announce that we are once again running a GSCOP training day for direct suppliers to supermarkets.
Attend valuable training on the Groceries Supply Code of Practice (GSCOP) and Groceries Code Adjudicator (GCA) on 27th of April 2017 in Glasgow.
Delivered by the British Brands Group, this one-day training is vital for suppliers to develop knowledge and understanding of the code. Participants will gain a sound understanding of the implications and benefits of the GSCOP particularly regarding fair trade negotiations and cost savings.
The training comprises the following elements:
- Introduction and course objectives
- Context - Porter’s 5 forces of competition
- GSCOP overview
- GSCOP Order and Schedules
- GCA role - investigations and dispute resolution
- Supplier good practice and trade negotiations
- Role of trade associations
- Case studies / role plays
- Recent developments, including the outcome of the Tesco investigation
- Q & A
- Next steps
- Course evaluation
Scottish food and drink company said; “We now see GSCOP training for our commercial team as being fundamental to ensuring a fair and positive relationship with supermarket buyers. A full understanding of the Code has legitimately enabled us to challenge or push back various supermarket demands and we estimate that the savings to our business is in excess of £100k. For a medium sized business this is a very substantial sum.”
The course is delivered by Scotland Food & Drink and the British Brands Group. Book today, rates as follows:
- £175 +VAT for SF&D members
- £250 +VAT for all partner members
- £500 + VAT for non-SF&D members