Scotland Food & Drink's Access to Markets programme is delighted to announce a new meet the buyer with apetito who are looking to source Scottish meat, fish, salmon and poultry.
Wed, 19 Apr 2017
Glasgow Business and Private Banking Centre
30 St Vincent Place
Background on the apetito group and apetito UK
apetito is one of Europe’s leading suppliers of quality frozen food and catering solutions to the Health and Care Market. Over the past 10 years the UK division apetito Ltd has become the UK market leader in this sector achieving sales of £124m in 2016 and a healthy level of profit before tax. A forward-thinking Company, apetito are always striving to ‘exceed customers’ expectations’.
apetito currently supply a number of major customers in Scotland through their Healthcare, Local Authority, Care Home and Wiltshire Farm business divisions. Working with Scotland Food & Drink, apetito are keen to expand their procurement in Scotland with suitable companies with whom they would expect to establish a strong customer / supplier relationship. Please note, at this stage the opportunity is for meat, fish, salmon & poultry only.
More information **here** and supplier requirements can be found below.
How to register
Successful companies will be invited to a meeting with the team to discuss your business, present product(s) and explore the potential supply opportunity.
To register your interest, please complete this application form by no later than Wednesday 5th April
Shortlisted companies will be notified in advance.
- Members of Scotland Food & Drink: £99 + VAT
- Non-Members: £199 + VAT
- Fee is only payable upon selection.
For further information, please contact Hannah Dobson on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the closing date for applications is Wednesday 5th April.
apetito supplier requirements:
- Suppliers must sign up to apetito code of practice for ethical trade – we expect our suppliers and agents to implement ETI base code throughout their own supply chains.
- Suppliers must link with apetito on SEDEX.
- We would expect suppliers to be able to supply us with their CSR policies including on environmental protection, sustainability and modern day slavery.
- Produced in a manufacturing site achieving a BRC A grade (ideally AA)
- Access must be granted for apetito to audit the manufacturing & logistics site.
- Must be able to deliver into Trowbridge via temperature controlled supply chain (can be via 3rd party hauliers) however the supplier is responsible for the product until it is accepted by apetito.
- All prices should include delivery into Trowbridge.
- All orders are subject to standard apetito terms and conditions.
- Raw materials for products supplied must be traceable back to source (e.g. farm for meat) – we must have visibility of the entire supply chain on all components that go into the product.
- Minimum/Maximum volumes on orders must be stated to prevent misunderstanding. Any volume restrictions to be advised to apetito at the point of product set up.
- Primary and secondary packaging to be fit for purpose.
Sustainability and Welfare requirements:
- Meat supplied must be from Farm assured scheme (ideally Red Tractor however other like QMS are also desirable).
- Fish must be sustainable (minimum MCS rating 3). Preference for farmed to ASC, wild to be MSC. We would not downgrade our current supply – new suppliers must at least on the same level as current – this can be supplied by product.