Find out how one of Scotland’s largest hotels cut its energy and water consumption.
With over 320 bedrooms, Jurys Inn Glasgow is one of Scotland's biggest hotels. Since opening in 2003, the hotel has won a number of environmental awards including the Gold standard under the Green Tourism Business Scheme in 2007.
The Jurys Inn group of hotels has invested £300,000 in sustainable technologies since 2009. As a result it has been able to:
• cut its energy use by 9%
• cut its water consumption by 13%
• cut its CO2 emissions by 5%
Join us on a unique behind the scenes tour of this award-winning hotel to see the many successful improvements that have been made, including the:
• reduction of its waste by 70% and working towards zero waste to landfill;
• in-depth measuring and monitoring of its energy and water consumption;
• installation of low energy lighting across the building;
• comprehensive green management plan; and
• innovative environmental campaigns to engage staff and customers.