Initial Free Consultation
Wallace Partnership offers Scotland Food & Drink members an initial free consultation to understand the business challenges, offer initial advice and advise what support and guidance is required and how they can assist with this. In addition, members will also be entitled to a bespoke Scotland Food & Drink discounted rate for consultancy services.
Wallace Partnership works with food and drink suppliers and retailers to help them develop, flourish and sell more product.
They work with a wide range of suppliers from small business start-ups to established brands and across a wide range of categories from beers, cider & spirits, to bakery products, chilled, core grocery and frozen food and drinks. We bring a strategic thinking model and an end to end process covering all areas of product and brand development, commercial strategy, identifying key routes to market and planning, preparing to sell effectively to supermarkets and wholesalers.
They can fill the knowledge and experience gap to support the area where your business requires. This can be short term project work and delivery, advice and support, developing strategies, to long term working relationships.
Steve has worked in the food and drink industry for over 30 years - ten years in the retail sector, twenty years as a buyer and the last two years as a consultant to the industry. He has been a national UK buyer at Waitrose & Sainsburys, responsible for categories such as Beer & Cider, Core Grocery and many more. Steve also headed up the Sainsburys regional buying team managing all regionally sourced products and suppliers in Scotland, Northern Ireland & Yorkshire.
Steve was also Head of Food at Dobbies and spent time at a specialist wholesaler working on buying, category management and supply into Morrisons, Co-op, and the wholesale and travel sector. In this time, Steve has built up huge experience and a proven track record with products, brands, suppliers, wholesalers and retailers and now uses this to help and support suppliers and retailers grow their businesses.
Services offered are as follows:
Retailer Sales Strategy
- Identify key retailer targets
- Create targeted strategies by retail and sector
- Buyer contact details
- Understand turnover potential by retailer
Selling to Supermarkets and other Retailers
- Planning the pitch, what information do you need?
- Effective Brand & product presentation
- How to get the listing over the line & retailer system set up
- Ongoing account management
New Product Development
- Market gap analysis
- Trends & category insight
- Competitor brand product benchmarking
- Concept developing & testing
Branding & Packaging
- Define brand character
- Design Briefs
- Packaging market research
- Develop product commercial position
- Promotional support plan
- Joint business plans with retailers
- Cost negotiation
- Clear understanding of the category and your product’s role within it.
- Market range analysis
- Making the right decisions and proposals based on the market.
- Understanding market data
- Retailer sales data interpretation
- Create targeted product and market opportunities driven by data
- Create short, medium and long term business strategy
- Create action plan to identify and plot actions to achieve.
- Business and Product SWOT Analysis
For further information on any of these services, contact Steve Wallace at email@example.com, or call on 07523 129 669 for an initial chat and to arrange your initial free consultation.